- When you call, I jump, meaning retainer clients bounce straight to the top of the mound of work always piled in front of me.
- No paying me to “figure out how to do it” because I’ve probably already done whatever you want 100 times. Like that little product slideshow in the middle of your competitors home page? Yeah. Not a big deal. You want your Facebook feed to show up on your website, but not look like every other Facebook feed in the universe? No problem. I’ve done that too.
- No sick days. Even when I’m sick, I still work. The only other one in my office is my computer, and Macs don’t get viruses, so I can cough on it all I want. (Honestly, I haven’t had more than sniffles in about 5 years. Probably because I don’t work in an office…)
- You know exactly how much your website is going to cost you on a monthly basis. Easy to budget.
- You already know you’re going to be spending the money, so why not take advantage of it? Tweak the text, change that dark red to a light red, just because you can.
- And last but not least, maybe you know you’re going to need work every month so why not pay a lower rate?
Oh, on that last part, if you have a 10 hour retainer, but you need 15 hours worth of work in a given month, I bill you the additional 5 hours at the same rate as the retainer; not my normal bill rate. See? Still saving you money.